Cellar Door Hours under Alert Level 2
Monday to Friday 11.00am – 4.30pm – Closed Weekends until Labour Weekend, 23rd October
We welcome our valued customers back to our Cellar Door with some changes due to Level 2 regulations
- Our Cellar Door is OPEN WEEKDAYS ONLY – (Closed Weekends) – until Labour weekend, Saturday 23rd October.
- It is mandatory under Level 2 for Face Masks to be worn inside except when tasting the wine
- Contact Tracing Records will be kept for each customer
- Customers must maintain a 2 metre spacing between different groups
- Staff will be wearing Face Masks and will keep a one metre distance where possible
Thank you for your cooperation – we look forward to hosting you.
Johner Estate Vineyard and Winery is situated in Gladstone, the heart of New Zealand’s Wairarapa Wine Region and is a boutique, hands-on, family owned winery. The Johner Family also own a winery in Germany and they import many of our New Zealand wines to be distributed throughout Europe and sold through their Cellar Door – our New Zealand wine is very popular over there!
Here in New Zealand our wine is made by Raphael Burki, who has also been making wine in his native Switzerland and he brings with him extensive winemaking skills, producing elegant wines.
The picturesque vineyard follows the course of the ancient Ruamahanga River, and is set in a beautiful and idyllic setting. Free draining alluvial soils and a cool but dry climate, create the setting for the story that is our wine.
Our philosophy is to nurture both our land and our people, to produce memorable wines that express a complex personality.
LICENCE NO: 043/OFF/010/2015 Off-Licence-Johner